November 30 marked the six-month anniversary of the launch of the new Extension website. With this milestone, we now have a good amount of analytics data to use as a comparison point for content, design, and other improvements going forward. For example, we’re using this data to
- Decide where to focus our efforts on design improvements and determine what kind of improvements are needed.
- Feature popular content on topic and other pages
- Create best-practice guidelines for entering effective content.
Here are some highlights and statistics over the last six months (May 31 – Nov 30 2018):
Basic Site Stats
- Page views: 1,207,631
- Visitors: 431,155 (423,667 new)
- Average time spent by visitors on the site: 1 minute 42 seconds
Top visited pages
- Search results page (see what people search for on the site below)
- Home page
- When to pick and how to ripen pears to perfection
- Programs list
- Using Coyotes to Protect Livestock. Wait. What?
- Find Us page
- Gardening top level topic page
- Statewide Master Gardener landing page
- Are there male and female peppers?
- Statewide 4-H landing page
- Monthly Garden Calendars
- Metro Master Gardener landing page
- Ask an Expert form
- What are those worms in my firewood?
- Clackamas County landing page
- Home Food Preservation topic page
- Big maggots in your compost? They’re soldier fly larvae
- What are short day and long day plants?
- Don’t toss those tuberous begonias – save for next summer
- Coffee Grounds and Composting
How people find the site
- Searching with Google or another service (303,833 users)
- Typing in the URL, using a bookmark, or clicking on a link in an email (81,727 users)
- Clicking a link on a social media site such as Facebook (32,920 users)
- Clicking a link on another site (27,409 users)
What people search for on the site
- “4-h” or “4h”
- “compost tea”
- “master gardener”
- “soil testing”
- “record book” or “record books”
- “compost tea brewer”
- “food preservation”
- “state fair”
- “soil test”
If you are interested in more in-depth analytics or analytics for your content specifically, contact the EESC web team.
Here’s to the next six months!