County teams can now begin adding announcements, events, sub-pages, and social media links! View our Friday county webinar for the details. Also refer to the managing county content guide for specifics on entering content.
All teams (topic, program, county):
As more content gets added to the website, keep sending us your questions and suggestions. It helps to clarify if you’re on the right track before you enter too much content. Your suggestions help us to make needed changes, too.
Tips for content entry
When entering in your content, remember to:
- Make sure any links do not point to content on the current Extension website (URL includes http://extension.oregonstate.edu/)
- Include a thumbnail image, so that it looks unique on the landing pages (when in the edit screen, click the thumbnail button to upload)
- Tag your content in Step 2 of the edit screen with the topics, programs, and/or counties it may relate to (so it can show up across the site in all relevant places)
Content: Good examples
As more content is entered, we’ll show examples of well-formatted content on the site. This week we highlight this article: Hay Options – When You’re Short on Hay
- It uses short paragraphs with the key point in the first line of each.
- The headings make it easy to skim.
- The style of writing to “you” is welcoming.
- The tips are clear and helpful.
Next week we’ll look for an example of a well-formatted program landing page or county sub-page to share. Here’s a video with instructions on making a sub-landing page.
We are still designing the topic landing pages and will continue to work with content team leaders on this. If you have suggestions or questions, please let us know.