There are two major events happening with the Extension web upgrade project this week that are of interest to many of you: events and a demo of county pages.
We are making final adjustments to the “events” content type, ensuring that events display properly in various places on the new site, and updating the quick-start guide with instructions. We anticipate this will take 1-2 days. We will notify content team leaders directly “events” are ready for use.
County pages demo
On Friday, May 4, 2-2:30 p.m., we invite you to join a webinar focused on the county/combined station pages in our new web presence. We will record the WebEx session and share/post the link for those who can’t attend live.
- WebEx link (same as the link for our regular Friday office hours/open lab help sessions)
- To connect to audio by phone dial: +1-415-655-0002 (US Toll), access code: 929 325 368
County leaders, office managers, current county and combined station site managers
- Review design, content, functionality of county/combined station presence in new website
- Provide “getting started” resources for site managers to manage county-specific, non-program content and pages
- Because county/combined station pages pull much information dynamically from other content in the system (e.g., staff directory, map, statewide programs, educational content from content teams), that information needed to be in the site before it would make sense to design or review county pages.
- Content teams have been entering content since early March, and events will be available this week. There is now enough content in the system to allow us all to have a better sense of how county pages are taking shape.