This week, please help us extend a warm welcome to Michele Scheib, who started work as content strategist for OSU Extension on Monday.
- Content team leaders are welcome to “drop in” (virtually or in person) and meet Michele during office hours/open labs, beginning this Friday.
- Content teams will also begin to see Michele copied on email responses, as a way for her to come up to speed on the project and learn about our content.
- Michele will join EESC director Jennifer Alexander at the May 8 OSU Extension Regional Operations meeting for introductions and a website update with program leaders and regional directors.
Updates and next steps
- Reminder: May 29 is the target “launch week” for phase 1 of our new Extension web presence. Content teams should continue to focus on content entry, consulting with the project team as needed.
- Cool development: Our site now automatically creates a thumbnail image from the first page of uploaded documents. We are exploring options to do this also for online resources (i.e., links to external websites), but for now content owners should continue to upload a thumbnail image for these manually.
- Coming soon:
- We anticipate releasing the “events” content type to content teams this week. We will notify content team leaders directly when this is available.
- Pending successful launch and early use of the “events” content type, we anticipate being able to re-engage with office managers and county leaders to review county office landing pages next week. We will communicate directly with those groups about a webinar opportunity.