In this week’s issue:
- New Promotional Items
- Congratulations Graduates!
- Deadline for Innovation grants is coming up
- OSU Trivia
New Promotional Items
Please visit the new promotional items order form featuring items with the new logo and items with the old logo that are on clearance.
Pens, folders, and pencils with the new logo are in stock. Aprons and metal water bottles are on their way.
Congratulations to the OSU students who graduated over the weekend.
Please leave a comment to wish graduates (OSU, High School, other university, or even preschool) good luck on their next chapter in their lives.
Deadline for Innovation grants is coming up
To encourage and support innovation throughout our organization, we are launching an Innovation Award Program for the Division of University Outreach and Engagement.
We hope you will find this an opportunity to try something!
Here’s how it works:
- Form your team. Teams must include a partner from outside of the OSU Extension Service or Open Campus
- Innovation Award pitches are due July 1
- Submit pitches as a two-minute video link
- Address the criteria mentioned in the award program video announcement
- Send the video, or link to video, to Jeff Sherman (email@example.com)
- Videos can be made from phones, cameras, the built-in camera on your computer, screen capture, drones—whatever works for you! Creativity is encouraged
- Pitches will be evaluated by the O&E executive team, the O&E Collaborative, and our Extension iTeam, according to Innovation Indicators (attached)
Innovation Awards are:
- Potentially large investments into something creative and new (See Disruptive Innovation link to Clayton Christensen)
- Dependent on available funding (determined as FY18 budgets are developed)
Innovation Awards are NOT to:
- Fund current Extension FTE.
- Expand upon current programming.
For more information, please check out the award program video announcement. Questions? Please contact Jeff or leave a comment on the YouTube page
To gear up for the 150 Celebration, University Events is looking for OSU Trivia to include in a game they are creating. If you have a bit of OSU Extension Trivia that you think she be a part of the game, please send your trivia question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would be interested in hosting the OSU 150 Trivia game at your county fair this year when Benny comes to visit, please let Jill Wells know.