In this week’s issue:
- What can/should I do right now with the new OSU brand and logo?
- SPARK Event: Spread the Blue
- Research Office Forum
- Extension in the News
What can/should I do right now with the new OSU brand and logo?
Remember, you do not have to change anything immediately! Use existing supplies and transition to the new logo as it makes sense, such as when you reorder items. Before using the new logo, please spend time with the brand guide.
- Change social media avatars and profile pictures (see guidelines and grey social avatar file).
- Request OSU logo (Extension and other Division logos will be available soon.)
- Announce the new logo and brand in your newsletters and on social media. Include links to the logo and brand videos/posts from OSU’s main social accounts.
- Read the Division branding FAQ and brand guide to get familiar with the new brand.
- Contact Ann Marie Murphy if you have questions (Annmarie.email@example.com, 541-737-1327)
- Be patient! New resources will be made available in the coming weeks. Watch ConnEXTions for updates.
A letterhead template with the new logo is in development. As soon as it is available, Denise Ashley will create new letterhead for each office (we anticipate it will be ready to download the week of May 8).
SPARK Event: Spread the Blue
Panel discussion with Nike, Harvard Pigments Museum, HGTV and others
The College of Science is delighted to invite you to a special event, “The Colorful World of Pigments,” exploring how YInMn blue, the first new pigment in 200 years, has stimulated conversation about the science behind the color and its innumerable applications.
Through this new blue lens, our panel of experts will share their perspectives on how share their perspectives on how an accidental scientific discovery has rippled across industry and disciplines, from art, pop culture, and design to technology.
- LAB TOURS: See where and how YInMn blue was discovered by chemist Mas Subramanian. Space is limited. 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- ART EXHIBIT: Featuring works by students and professionals using YImMn blue. 9 a.m. – noon.
- PANEL: Lively discussion about the art and science behind color featuring experts from Harvard Pigments Museum, Nike, The Shepherd Color Company, HGTV Design and OSU. Plus a special guest will make a surprise announcement you won’t want to miss! LeeAnn Garrison, Director of OSU’s School of Arts & Communication will moderate the discussion. 9-10:30 a.m.
- COMMUNITY WALL MURAL: Express yourself in this creative activity for kids and kids at heart. 10:30-noon.
Join us for coffee and light breakfast from 8 – 9 a.m.
Research Office Forum
For Cascades and Extension
Date: Friday, June 9th
Time: 9am-1:30pm – Presentations and discussion; 2pm-5pm – One-on-One or Small Group Consultations
Catering: Lunch will be provided by the Research Office
Location: OSU Cascades Campus, Bend OR
Intended Audience: Cascades and Extension faculty, staff, and students
Content: Representatives from the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) and the Office for Commercialization and Corporate Development (OCCD) will provide updates and field questions. Presentations will be followed by an afternoon reserved for one-on-one or small group meetings to discuss your research projects and disclosures; training; student advising; or any other needs that faculty, staff, and students may have while we are on campus!
9:00-9:15 Introductions and updates about electronic research administration (eRA) system Mark Peters
9:15-9:30 Export Controls, International Compliance, Unmanned Systems Mark Peters
9:30-10:00 General Field Safety Policies including Scientific Diving and Small Boat Programs Kevin Buch
10-10:30 Intellectual Property and Commercialization Dave Dickson
10:45-11:15 Animal Care and Use Rebecca Henry
11:15-11:45 Conflict of Interest Nicole Wolf
11:45-12:45 Working lunch
12:15-12:45 Research with Human Subjects Lisa Leventhal
12:45-1:30 Q&A All
2:00-5:00 Consultations by prior appointment All
If you plan to attend, please rsvp by Wednesday, May 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org as we will need to have an estimated number for catering. If you would like an afternoon appointment, please email Kay.White@oregonstate.edu and indicate whom you would like to meet with. Feel free to contact the individual presenters with questions before the forum.
Please encourage your students to come and be a part of this event!
Extension in the News
Not Just a Boys’ Club: Women Hooking Into Fishing Industry
Voice of America
April 27, 2017
Featuring Flaxen Conway, Sea Grant