In this week’s issue:
- OSU & Extension Branding
- Outreach and Engagement Quarterly Conversations Video
- Become a Presentation Ninja with Guest Host Jamie Davis
OSU & Extension Branding
The new OSU brand and logo will launch April 4, 2017!
At the college/unit level, all print/digital/promotional items eventually will need to incorporate the new logo/design, as well as new branding/messaging. The university doesn’t expect everything to change on April 4 (brand training for OSU communicators is planned for April 5).
If you have print needs, you are encouraged to order only enough to get you through April and then plan to reprint once the new OSU logos are available. If you have large quantities of items with the current logo, please continue to use them throughout the year.
Extension will begin working with Ologie, the branding firm selected by OSU, on Extension branding in the next few weeks. We will work on an Extension “personality,” key messages, visual look that works within the OSU brand, co-branding, and more.
We are in the process of gathering information for an Extension publication audit. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please share examples of ads, collateral, flyers, instructional materials, banners, etc. that are currently being used by you and your county/program (electronic files are preferred). Please email them to Ann Marie Murphy, communication and marketing manager for Outreach and Engagement (Annmarie.email@example.com).
We’ll go through several phases during the sub-branding initiative with Ologie:
- Discovery (approximately 4 to 6 weeks) – Ologie immerses itself in the current situation to build a knowledge base for developing the sub-brand strategy (University Marketing strongly recommends that we do not short change this part of the branding effort)
- Definition ((approximately 4 weeks) – Ologie builds on the university’s master brand strategy to develop the strategic frameworks for the sub-brand story (outcomes are core value proposition, messaging, personality and tone)
- Creation (approximately 7 weeks) – Ologie applies the sub-brand strategy elements and the university’s master brand creative platform to a visual and verbal language for the sub-brand (outcome is brand guidelines and visual and verbal language)
We anticipate that the brand work with Ologie will be completed by end of June. Then the work of communicating, training, revising materials, etc. begins in earnest!
If you have questions, please get in touch with Ann Marie Murphy (Annmarie.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Outreach and Engagement Quarterly Conversations Video
The video for the February 17th Outreach and Engagement Quarterly Conversation is available to view here: https://media.oregonstate.edu/media/t/0_9b8fs3fw
Become a Presentation Ninja with Guest Host Jamie Davis
March 2nd @ 2:00pm ET
In order to move toward better engagement with our audiences, we need to continuously learn new tools and techniques for clientele interaction. Join guest host Jamie Davis and spend the hour sharing and discussing not just presentation best practices, but also ways to move beyond the PowerPoint and the “stage” to encourage actual engagement.