The College of Engineering and School of Civil and Construction Engineering at Oregon State University invite you to the International Symposium on Interdisciplinary Evacuation Modeling for Rapid Onset Disasters. The symposium will be held August 3-5, 2020 at the Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, Oregon.
- Integrate expertise of leading researchers, educators, and agency professionals from throughout the world to advance interdisciplinary and transformative evacuation modeling for rapid onset coastal disasters.
- Identify datasets and models that have not been published in English-language journals, establish protocols for post-tsunami behavioral data collection, and form a collaborative network of international interdisciplinary researchers.
- Engage coastal emergency managers and governmental policy makers, who can share their community resilience challenges and seek opportunities to collaborate with researchers.
- Create opportunities to engage undergraduate, graduate, and K-12 students through a competition and coastal hazard literacy education activities.
- Effects of household and community preparedness for tsunami evacuation.
- Emerging opportunities to enable interdisciplinary evacuation models.
- Post-tsunami behavioral data collection.
- Integrating diverse forms of social science data.