The College of Education develops change agents in the form of researchers, scholars, learning leaders, teachers, and counselors. Change agents make a difference by promoting innovation, social justice, and lifelong learning. They prepare citizens who are socially empowered, reflective, innovative, and caring members of our increasingly diverse communities and the world.
The College of Education strives to be an international leader in research and in the preparation of change agents in education and related fields.
- Social Justice – We value social justice in all aspects of our work. All disciplines must be situated in a context of social justice that acknowledges and embraces inclusivity.
- Innovation – We value being and developing leading edge change agents.
- Intersection of Practice and Research – We value the intersection of practice and research by informing our practice with our research and our research with our practice as change agents and educators.
- Reflection – We build reflective practices into all of our work and into the work of students. We consider the knowledge we have and determine what we don’t know. We are open to other perspectives.
- Integrity – We consider the impact in all of our decision making. We are change agents in the face of any form of oppression and ask ourselves, “What impact does this decision have on our programs, college, and students?”
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in interactions with students, colleagues, families, and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the legal aspects of profession.
- Adopt and enact classroom practices that reflect broader educational & social issues that have an impact on school.
- Apply reflective practices to practice and to teaching and learning in the context of student learning.
- Participate in professional development.
- Collaborate with colleagues in learning communities.
- Engage in professional associations and organizations.
Diversity & Equity
- Believe everyone deserves the opportunity to learn and can learn.
- Possess knowledge, skills, & dispositions to serve as professionals who understand and meet the needs of a diverse society.
About the College of Education: http://education.oregonstate.edu/about
College of Education Visions and Values: http://education.oregonstate.edu/vision-and-values
Conceptual Framework: http://education.oregonstate.edu/conceptual-framework