The Analytical Chemist works as a member of a team at NANO3D SYSTEMS LLC to carry out processes such as Quality Control tests, analytical method development to analyze plating solutions, sample preparation, etc within the analytical function.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, abiding by the COSHH regulations and maintaining a high level of tidiness.
- To carry out and ensure that the following processes are maintained:
- Perform analysis of plating solutions using UV-VIS, IC/HPLC, CVS, FT-IR and other analytical methods
- Maintain and perform the regular maintenance UV-VIS, IC/HPLC, CVS, FT-IR and other analytical tools
- Prepare calibration solutions, reagents and other solutions for chemical analysis.
- Maintain stocks of chemicals ensuring they are stored under appropriate conditions.
- Maintain accurate records of chemicals that have been used and bulk stock remaining etc.
- Maintain stocks of vials, burettes, pipettes and other consumables for chemical analysis.
- Acquire Quality Control and other solution data as required.
- To be familiar with all required QC and analytical techniques through on the job training and external courses where appropriate.
- To carry out QC tests within the analytical function. Techniques to include, but not exhaustive: IC/HPLC, FT-IR, UV-Vis, CVS, solubility, surface tension, foaming.
- To maintain stocks of solvents, chemicals and consumables within the Analytical Chemistry laboratory.
- To perform sample preparation, preparation of laboratory reagents / solutions etc. as and when required.
- Work to maximize productivity and meet targets and deadlines.
- Maintain a high standard of laboratory work with regard to both practical output and documentation.
- All other duties as required.
- Hands on experience with UV-VIS, IC/HPLC, CVS, FT-IR etc.
- Hands on experience with chemicals handling, storage, solution preparation etc.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Ability to manage time to maximize productivity.
- Ability to quickly and accurately conduct required Quality Control tests.
- Safe and responsible working manner in laboratory areas.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of recording information.
- Awareness of commercial importance of products and ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly.
BS or MS in chemistry or chemical engineering with minimum 2 years hands on experience in chemical analytical lab.
MBI/ONAMI in Corvallis, Oregon.
Contact information: email@example.com