As our Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing intern, you will use your data analytics skills and sustainability expertise to identify, build, and evaluate programs and partnerships. You will work cross-functionally on environment, labor, and health and safety initiatives.
Nike Manufacturing and Sourcing teams constantly challenge the assumptions about how products are made. They come up with big ideas, test principles and perfect production processes. In Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing, our mission is to support Nike’s growth by fueling a responsible, sustainable, and resilient source base. Our diverse, global team enables our manufacturing partners to be world-class in environmental, labor, and health and safety practices. We achieve this mission through excellence in strategy development and execution, analytics, stakeholder relationships, and external partnerships. In addition to working closely our teammates across Sourcing & Manufacturing, we partner with Sustainability teams across Nike to deliver on our vision for a fair, sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a healthy planet and level playing field.
As our Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing intern, you will use your data analytics skills and sustainability expertise to identify, build, and evaluate programs and partnerships. You will work cross-functionally on environment, labor, and health and safety initiatives. You will be expected to dive deep into the details, but to present your high-level analysis to senior leaders. Through this work, you will gain exposure to Nike’s sourcing and manufacturing strategy and to Nike’s integrated approach to sustainability.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in with an anticipated graduation of December 2020 or Spring 2021
- Preference for degrees with a focus on environmental science, social sustainability, public policy, or supply chain management
- Knowledge of global supply chains preferred
- Knowledge of sporting goods products preferred
- Strong analytical skills, with the capacity to analyze data, identify key insights, and summarize findings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Energetic team player who is proactive, curious, and eager to learn
- Passionate about Nike products and the consumer