PBS Engineering and Environmental Inc. – Vancouver, WA
Staff Environmental Professional
This position will involve technical work on a wide range of environmental projects including multi-media environmental compliance; stormwater management; solid and hazardous waste management; industrial wastewater compliance; spill prevention and control; planning and design of remediation systems; design and optimization of stormwater, groundwater, wastewater, and soil treatment systems; and stormwater treatment system startup and operation.
As a staff environmental professional, you will work with project managers, engineers, geologists and scientists to develop solutions for our clients and deliver exceptional projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field collection of environmental samples (air, water, stormwater, soil) for monitoring and design;
- Assisting in the evaluation, design and permitting of environmental projects including;
- Evaluating technologies
- Preparing engineering calculations and assumptions
- Presenting technical recommendations through engineering reports and figures;
- Routine regulatory reporting related to stormwater, wastewater, solid/hazardous waste, and air permit compliance;
- Assisting with stormwater solutions for private and municipal clients;
- Preparing multi-media environmental management plans (SWPCP/SWPPP, SPCC, ASPP, Solid Waste Operations, etc.);
- Field oversight of construction projects related to environmental systems;
- Inspection of private, municipal, and construction sites for environmental compliance;
- Prepare Feasibility Studies, Cleanup Action Reports, Engineering Design Reports, and permit application packages;
- Support project implementation with startup, operation and maintenance of treatment systems;
- Assist with engineering cost estimates;
- Representation of PBS in a safe and professional manner both internally and externally
- Bachelors of Science degree in environmental science or applicable engineering discipline (civil, environmental, or chemical) from an ABET-accredited institution. A Master of Science in engineering or environmental science a plus, not required;
- Ability and willingness to conduct field work under variable and potentially adverse weather conditions;
- 1 – 4 years of environmental engineering or consulting experience;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite and knowledge of AutoCAD a plus;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We have a rich benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life/ADD, matching 401(k) and PTO. At PBS, we encourage and support ongoing professional development through both internal and external learning opportunities.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Do you meet the qualifications above? Submit your cover letter and resume for this position via our website:
|At PBS, we are committed to fostering a work environment that is conducive to the personal and professional growth of each employee. This is accomplished through a company philosophy that combines teamwork, open communication and diverse projects. Many of our projects involve a number of consultants and contractors, requiring a collaborative team effort. We pride ourselves on our project management approach and experience.
PBS offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals who are excited by the challenges of meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations. We offer an excellent benefit package including vacation and holiday pay, medical/vision/dental/disability and life insurance, and 401(k).
A leader in providing engineering and environmental services throughout the Northwest, PBS is currently seeking a qualified individual for the following open position in our Vancouver, Washington office: