Seeking Safety Specialist in the Portland- Hillsboro area with about 0-2 yrs. of experience who can do the following:
Térès Counts, Sr. Recruiter, YOH, A DAY & ZIMMERMANN COMPANY
O (713) 339-4466
C (346) 272-9771
- Responsible for the administration of all safety, health and environmental requirements onsite during installation and sustaining activities as directed by safety manager to include ad hoc problem solving, auditing, inspections, over site of contact safety personnel, incident investigation with a service-oriented approach to our customers our employees and our contractors.
- Assists with safety program and training development and implementations.
- Develop, review, evaluate and implement corporate health and safety policies, programs and procedures as assigned.
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within organization.
- Investigate all serious/critical personal injury and near miss incidents involving personnel, contractor and/or visitors. Assist operations with root cause analysis and identification of solutions for incident casual factors. Track to completion. Report on findings and follow-up.
- Investigate, assist with solutions and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to appropriate senior staff.
- Respond to employee’s safety concerns, assist with solutions, and track to completion.
- Track and provide metrics as requested.
- Maintain all records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Prepare reports as requested.
- Provide direction for contract safety personnel.
- Conduct work site safety inspections to recognize safe work practices, to identify hazards, and to work collaboratively with employees and management for identification and implementation of controls.
- Attend all meetings pertaining the safety of personnel.
- Assist in the development of the site safety plans and manage the upkeep of those documents.
- Assure review of site safety plans at project kick off meetings.
- Review pre-task plans.
- Coordinate on-site customer specific safety training.
- Conduct weekly safety audits and submit reports to appropriate personnel.
- Arrange for health and safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies and consultants as may be necessary.
- Act as liaison with all related customer personnel and key contracted personnel.
- Develop and deliver safety training assigned.
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures.
- Liaise with the customer regarding emergency procedures, communications and safety education programs.
- Analyze work processes and perform risk assessments.
- Implement controls to mitigate those risks.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agencies as required.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices and safety excellence.
- General knowledge of accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of safety and occupational health methods, practices, principles and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with contractors and construction safety.
- Demonstrated experience in and ability to creatively deliver and document training in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities to manage multiple projects/work initiatives at one time.
- Strong writing skills, including process documentation and report preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member within and across organizational lines to achieve Company goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative within established guidelines.
- BCSP certification (CHST, OHST, ASP, GSP) preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in a Safety or equivalent education is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administration, implementation and development of environmental, safety and health programs.
- Minimum of one year of developing and delivering training experience and 1-2 years of contractor/construction experience is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS) and clean room experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to change and flexible regarding work schedule.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong operational leadership and customer/contractor management skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 90% mainly domestic.
- International travel might be required.
- Excellent driving skills and clean driving record is required.