SAIF Corporation has an industrial internship position available. Application deadline is Jan 5, 2018.
Are you looking for a summer internship that offers collaborative experiences with certified industrial hygienists and opportunities to work with a broad spectrum of businesses? SAIF Corporation’s industrial hygiene internship provides all this and more. We’re a publicly-owned workers’ compensation insurance company, driven by a vision to make Oregon the safest place to work.
You’ll spend 12 weeks as part of our team of IH experts, visiting customers’ workplaces throughout western Oregon and assisting other hygienists with site analyses. Previous interns have found their way into management and other leadership roles at SAIF, as well as IH positions in insurance, government, pharmaceutical companies, and occupational health and safety consulting firms.
Based out of our Salem office, you’ll have easy access to Portland, the Oregon Coast, mountain ranges, valleys, and other places to explore.
This is an excellent opportunity to (safely) get your foot in our door.
- Assist SAIF’s industrial hygiene staff with conducting analysis of policyholders’ worksites, including physical, chemical, or biological hazards over a wide range of industries
- Draft industrial hygiene reports to be submitted to internal and external customers at the request and under the supervision of SAIF industrial hygiene staff
- Research industrial hygiene issues
- Complete special projects including updating SAIF’s online safety and health guides, creating new resources, or other projects as assigned
- Bachelor or master’s degree student in industrial hygiene and completion of industrial hygiene laboratory or instrumentation course work required by the degree program of the college or university
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively within a team doing complex, confidential work
- Superior analytical, research, and writing skills demonstrating an ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and persuasive way
- Basic personal computer and word processing skills
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for occasional travel out of the office
- Other combinations of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job also will be considered
Hours: Full time during summer break 2018
Start Date: Approximately June 4, 2018 (flexible)
Duration: Three months
Salary: $20.00 per hour; benefits do not apply
To receive consideration, please submit your SAIF Application for Employment by the close of this recruitment. We want your application to count, so be sure it’s complete and that you submit all the required materials.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference in employment by submitting the following documentation as verification of eligibility:
- A copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215), or
- A letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension
Disabled veterans also must submit a copy of their veteran’s disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
To be considered for preference, you must submit the proper documentation to email@example.com by the application deadline.
This recruitment will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 5, 2018.
If a sufficient number of qualified applications are received, this recruitment may close early.
SAIF Corporation is Oregon’s not-for-profit, state-chartered workers’ compensation insurance company. SAIF has been doing business for 100 years and is the leading workers’ compensation insurance provider in Oregon.
SAIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in its workplace.