Job Opportunity: Environmental Health Assessment Program Coordinator (PA2)
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Environmental Public Health (EPH) section in Portland, OR is seeking an Environmental Health Assessment Program Coordinator to coordinate the activities of the Oregon Environmental Health Assessment Program (EHAP) and to administer the federal grant that funds the program. The Environmental Public Health Section identifies, assesses and reports on threats to human health from exposure to environmental and occupational hazards, and advises the people and communities of Oregon to best understand potential risks where they live, work and play in order to remain healthy and safe.
JOB CODE: OHA18-0853
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 11/19/18, 11:59 PM
SALARY: $4,221.00 – $6,162.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
What will you do?
As the Environmental Health Assessment Program Coordinator, you will act as the communications and community engagement coordinator for site-specific assessments. You will develop recommendations for how to address emerging issues, develop work plans with the team, and create guidance and process documents. You will coordinate the activities of the program and grant, and track the team’s progress. In addition, you will develop culturally-responsive strategies for engaging with communities and build partnerships with stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to keep Oregonians safe from environmental and occupational hazards. Do you have experience in environmental health? Do you have experience coordinating public health programs? Do you have experience in community engagement? If so, we want to connect with you!
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, or a degree related to Public Health, Environmental Health or Natural Resources; AND two years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health, Environmental Health or Natural Resources.
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to five years of experience coordinating or administering a program related to Public Health, Environmental Health or Natural Resources.
- Experience with risk communications and community engagement.
- Experience managing programs related to public health or environmental health.
- Experience with grant management, budget processes, budget management, contractual agreements, and procurement procedures.
- Experience working with legislative processes and procedures.
- Experience interpreting and applying Oregon Administrative Rules and laws concerning the confidentiality of data.
- Experience developing performance measures to identify program weaknesses and strengths to track program progress.
- Knowledge of natural resources and public health protection programs at the federal, state, and local government levels.
- Proficient use of a personal computer, and business and publication software.
- Ability to write clear, concise and direct narrative and data reports.
- Ability to prioritize program tasks and meet program deadlines.
- Good communication skills for establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understanding basic principles of risk communication.
- Ability to develop scientifically accurate and understandable public health outreach materials.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application: