The EHS Manager is responsible for driving the design, implementation, and training of the Health & Safety Program. It requires a hands-on, knowledgeable, highly responsive team player who is a self-starter, resourceful, brings creativity and strong interpersonal skills to the organization. This position acts as a collaborative team member and not a punitive enforcer.
Critical Conditions for Success
Health and Safety
- Design, implement, and train on required health and safety policies & programs.
- Prepare, document, and maintain key files such as training records, workplace hazard assessments, medical surveillance, operating procedures, and written compliance plans (i.e. process safety management, hazard communication, hearing protection, respiratory protection, lockout/tagout, SPCC, etc.)
- Schedule employee medical evaluations and fit tests and maintain health clinic documents and OSHA 300 log.
- Perform routine EHS inspections and incident/near miss investigations. Develop corrective actions ,drive, and track progress through completion
- Support Plant Manager by meeting performance targets and implementing safety & sustainability initiatives designed to drive safety culture
- Member of Safety Committee and Minute Keeper.
- Establish best practices for compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies and performance goals
- Strictly adheres to the monitoring and testing schedule specified in environmental permits and maintains accurate records and logs of compliance data
- Maintain current knowledge of USDOT shipping policies for shipment of Agilyx Styrene Oil (ASO) and hazardous waste.
- Maintain Hazardous Waste manifests and ensure 35 and 45 day exceptions are maintained.
- Maintain current knowledge of Dangerous Goods policies and prepare shipments of small quantity of materials for laboratory testing.
- Maintain current knowledge of DOT shipping regulations and ensures proper shipment of tanker truck loads to customers
- Calculate emissions for previous month for each pollutant type according to the ACDP, compare to 12-month rolling average.
- Maintain Action Tracker and lead weekly call on completed, pending, and overdue items
- Prepare and submit TRI reports to EPA
- Prepare and submit Semi-Annual and Annual ACDP Reports to DEQ.
- Prepare and submit OSFM Annual Hazardous Substance Inventory Report.
- Maintains WM Cycle database to ensure compliance.
- Collect environmental monitoring samples (air, waste, water) for laboratory analysis and interpret final data
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring and share results with employees
- 3 -5 years’ experience in environmental and/or safety compliance
- Proven experience in developing and implementing an EHS program
- Demonstrated experience in safety training
- Excellent judgment with regard to health, safety, environmental and fire protection risks with emphasis on injury prevention and business continuity
- Familiarity with regulatory affairs, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), and state agencies strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in a PSM regulated facility is preferred. Familiar with Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Management of Change (MOC).
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene) or equivalent experience
- Excellent business acumen, commitment to teamwork, and results orientation.
- Superior interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-confidence, initiative, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable personal and professional ethics.
Reports to: EHS Director
Type: Salaried; full time
Work Hours: Generally 8:30-5:00. This is a multi-shift operation, so there will be occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Tigard, OR
Work environment: professional office and manufacturing
Travel: Potentially some in a consulting capacity as other facilities come on line
Physical Demands: are in keeping with an “office job”
Please send Resumes to: email@example.com