The Boeing Company – Open ergonomics position — closes March 28th
737 Occ Health & Safety Specialist- Ergonomist – (1800020626)
Company: United States, The Boeing Company
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Renton
Job: Occ Health & Safety Specialist (7ADWP3)
Organization: Environment Health and Safety
Shift: Day Job
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Relocation Assistance Available? No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Security Clearance: No Security Clearance Required
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2018, closes: 3/28/18
Boeing’s 737 Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) team in Renton, WA is seeking a highly motivated Ergonomics Specialist to join their team. In this role, the candidate:
- Applies ergonomics principles and best practices to support the development, implementation and maintenance of occupational health and safety programs and processes that foster a zero-injury safety culture.
- Investigates safety and health incidents and complaints.
- Collaborates with engineering, production, and related support functions to systematically identify, evaluate, and mitigate ergonomics-related hazards.
- Develops and communicates risk mitigation strategies with the shop.
- Maintains and develops awareness of ergonomics engineering best practices across the company while encouraging innovation.
- Provides industrial ergonomics training and instructions.
- Provides technical expertise related to internal/external safety audits and inspections.
Develops and provides training and instructions. Evaluates the impact of emerging issues, regulations and legislation to company operations. Develops corrective action plan to respond to internal/external audits and inspections. Plans and conducts health and safety audits.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study.
Experience with investigating and mitigating ergonomics risks.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
3+ years of experience applying ergonomics principles and best practices to support the development, implementation and maintenance of occupational health and safety programs is required.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status