Are you interested in exploring Oregon for a week and learning about OSU Extension Service programs throughout the state?
OSU Extension is looking for two energetic, adventurous and social students to assist with an endeavor to provide outreach to 2,200 members of the public during Cycle Oregon the week of Sept. 8-15.
About Cycle Oregon
Every year 2,200 cyclists participate in the weeklong Cycle Oregon ride. This largely urban group of riders takes to the roads and passes through Oregon’s rural communities, riding by woodlands, range, homes, businesses, and farms, often with very little knowledge about the local economies, history, and culture through which they are passing. OSU Extension is working with Cycle Oregon to provide education, simultaneously showcasing rural communities and the impact OSU Extension has in community vitality.
- Drive a Powered by Orange van along the route
- Set up and manage the OSU Extension tent at stops throughout the ride
- Connect people to Extension online resources
- Interact with volunteers and the public
- Use social media (Twitter, Facebook) to share stories and images from the road
It is highly desired that candidate have photography and/or video skills.
In most towns, hotels will not be available, so we will be camping. Cycle Oregon does provide showers. You must be comfortable camping and have appropriate camping gear (sleeping bag, tent, sleeping pad).
This is not a paid position, but you will receive:
- A meal bracelet, which covers all meals during the event
- Per diem ($56.00 per day) during the event
For more information, contact Nicole Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org.