This week in DSGN 341 we focused on the beginning steps of prototyping. We tried different methods like acting them out, drawing them and also creating very simple mock ups with the supplies we had in the room.
I find this portion of the project to be most difficult for me personally. I lack the physical and creative skills. In relation to the real world and my career, I aim to be a Product Line Manager. I know that these skills I am learning and perfecting will help me better understand the design process and prototyping building stages that the creative designer go through out.
This weeks cards were inspired by the following readings:
- The Shape of Design: Chapter 09The Shape of Design: Chapter 09
- Design Bootleg: pages 9-10, 49-64 (cards 19-26)Design Bootleg: pages 9-10, 49-64 (cards 19-26)
- Universal Methods of Design Bodystorming/007, Experience Prototyping/036, Role-playing/071, Simulation Exercises/077, Speed Dating/079, Wizard of Oz/099
- Get Started with PrototypingGet Started with Prototyping
- HBR: The Unexpected Benefits of Rapid PrototypingHBR: The Unexpected Benefits of Rapid Prototyping
- Case Study: Vlisco>Innovation TeamCase Study: Vlisco>Innovation Team