Before summer move-out, salvage your broken items for free at our Spring Repair Fair on Wednesday, May 16th 5:30 – 7:30 PM at the OSUsed Store (644 SW 13th St.)
Learn to repair your broken items with the help of our volunteers and attend our demos to pocket some knowledgeable skills on being more sustainable! See the list below for this month’s skills and demonstrations. Save money, gain skills, and reduce waste. The event is free and open to all.
Repair skills offered:
- Computer Diagnostics
- Electronics and Appliances
- Housewares (furniture, ceramics, lamps, etc.)
- Woodwind instruments
Drop-in D.I.Y. Demonstrations:
Demonstrations will be drop-in style – come by anytime in the listed timeframe for a hands-on demo.
- How to Build a Meal Plan: Do you often have no idea what to make for dinner or that you spend too much on food? Come learn to meal plan with us in a guided activity that helps save you money and is environmentally friendly because it reduces wasted food.
- How to Fix a Flat Tire: If you own a bike, but don’t know how to do bike repairs, this activity is for you! Dixon Bike Repair shop workers will demonstrate how to fix a flat bike tire.
- How to Sharpen Your Own Knives: Keep those knives looking sharp and in good shape through this demo that shows you how to safely use a whetstone and honing rod.
- PLUS 5:30-7:30:
- Garden Start and Seed Swap: Want to garden but have some seeds you don’t need or use? Freshen up you garden for spring by bringing your seeds and swap them for those that you do want!
Directions: We are located at 644 SW 13th St. in Corvallis; see a map of the entrance and parking here; view our building on Google Maps here. Please enter through the warehouse gate on 13th Street, between A Ave. and the railroad tracks. City buses 3, 6 and 8 stop within 2-4 blocks of our building while routes 1, 5 and 7 stop 6 blocks away at 11th & Monroe (view full details on the Corvallis Transit System website or use Google Transit to find the best option for you).
Join this event on Facebook here to receive updates.