Want to try your hand at a new skill? Need to fix one of your belongings that’s been out of commission? Come by the Winter Repair Fair on Thursday, February 15 from 5:30 – 7:30 PM in the OSUsed Store (644 SW 13th St.).
Volunteers will teach you how to fix your broken items; attend demos to learn more skills! See the list below for this month’s skills and demonstrations. Save money, gain skills, and reduce waste. The event is free and open to all.
Repair skills offered:
- Appliances & Electronics (small items only, please)
- Computer Diagnostics
- Housewares (furniture, ceramics, lamps, etc.)
- Musical instruments (guitar strings and woodwinds only)
- Wood furniture
Note: We do not have spare parts, but will do our best to repair what we can and/or refer you to where you could find the parts you need. If you have parts already, we may be able to help you install them.
Drop-in D.I.Y. Demonstrations:
Demonstrations will be drop-in style – come by anytime in the listed timeframe for a hands-on demo.
- What’s Your Carbon Footprint?: Do you want to know what area of your life you could improve to be more sustainable? Come by and calculate how much carbon you are producing so you know your target areas! (Leader: Keava Campbell, OSU Sustainability Office)
- D.I.Y. Body Scrub: Learn how to make your own sugar scrub while being eco-friendly AND saving some money! (Leader: Olivia Harband, OSU Waste Watcher)
- D.I.Y. Succulent Plant Care: Come and pick up your free succulent and learn how to plant them in our provided recycled containers and how to take care of them! (Leader: Andrea Norris, OSU Campus Recycling)
Directions: We are located at 644 SW 13th St. in Corvallis; see a map of the entrance and parking here; view our building on Google Maps here. Please enter through the warehouse gate on 13th Street, between A Ave. and the railroad tracks. City buses 3, 6 and 8 stop within 2-4 blocks of our building while routes 1, 5 and 7 stop 6 blocks away at 11th & Monroe (view full details on the Corvallis Transit System website or use Google Transit to find the best option for you).
Join this event on Facebook here to receive updates.