The Sustainability Office and Student Sustainability Initiative have sponsored OSU’s co-host status of the Washington-Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference, happening Feb. 6-8 at Portland State University. This cost-effective sustainability conference is a great balance of size and relevance, with its broad sustainability topics, but focus on Pacific Northwest higher education. Check out the full program here: http://wohesc.org/program/
The Washington Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC) is, self described, “a platform for inspiring change, facilitating action, and promoting collaboration related to sustainability within the region’s higher education institutions”. Each year WOHESC hosts a number of conversations, workshops, and networking opportunities to help facilitate better environmental practices in Oregon and Washington State institutions for higher education.
Now is the time to register since tours and other session are filling up! If you are interested in carpooling to/from the event, or would like to register at a discounted price, please contact Brandon Trelstad by Friday, Jan.26.
You can find funding to attend this event through OSU’s SORCE program, eligible for individual students to spend on registration fees, lodging, and travel when attending professional development opportunities. Criteria for applications, as stated by the SLI, are seen below:
- Individual students only. Student organizations may receive funding through the SORCE Organization Development Allocation.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the time of application and in good academic standing with Oregon State University.
- Enrolled at Corvallis/Newport campus
- Proposals must align with SLI’s values, mission, and SLI’s definition of leadership.
- Funds may be used to cover registration fees, lodging, and travel.
- Fund request must be in advance of the actual activity
- Credit-bearing opportunities are not eligible for funding.
- Maximum allocation per person is $500.00.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, check it out here: http://sli.oregonstate.edu/sorce/individual-students