Last year the Res Hall Move Out Donation Drive diverted 23,000 pounds of material from landfills and donated to non-profits during move out. This year, for the first time, OSU will work both on-campus and in the Corvallis community to divert even more materials!
Your help is needed on this effort to improve our neighborhoods, keep goods out of landfills, and help the community. You can make that happen by volunteering or donating.
Volunteer your Time
Off-Campus Event Volunteering Details
- What: OSU, the City of Corvallis, Republic Services, RPMG, and the Sustainability Coalition are partnering to maintain the cleanliness and livability of our community, and to help off-campus students responsibly donate and recycle unwanted items.
- When: Various shifts are offered between 3pm and 9pm on Wednesday, June 14, and between 9am and 5pm on Thursday, June 15.
- Details and sign-up here
Res Hall Event Volunteering Details
- What: Campus Recycling, Surplus Property and UHDS are partnering to collect donations from residence halls. Shifts are available for collection (go out on trucks with our staff, visiting res halls to collect recyclables and donated items) and sorting (work at the fairgrounds, accepting and sorting incoming items).
- When: Various shifts are offered between 8am and 7pm June 8-20.
- Details and sign-up here
Are You a Student? Donate Rather than Discard.
For those Living on Campus:
Many residents find that they have more in their room than can fit in their ride home. And deciding what to keep is hard when you’re taking finals! If you no longer want some of your stuff, get started now in sorting out donations, using the bags you received on your door. Donation bins are available in your hall and accept:
- Food that is unopened and non-perishable (please place in bag provided grocery bags)
- Toiletries and personal hygiene products (please place in bag provided grocery bags)
- Dry clothing, bedding and towels
- Household items like décor, dishes, lamps, electronics, etc.
- Broken electronics, CDs/DVDs and ink cartridges (to be recycled)
- Furniture and loft bed kit wood
More instructions on this webpage.
For those Living Off Campus:
For those living off campus and moving out, there is a 2-day event to take donations of reusable goods on Wednesday June 14th from 4pm-8pm and Thursday June 15th from 10am-2pm at the Grace Lutheran Church Parking Lot at Kings & Harrison.
At the event they will accept the following from students: furniture, mattresses, electronics, books, school/office supplies, clothes, and kitchen and household wares. Join the event on Facebook.
Thank you for making this a successful Move Out!