Student Experience Center Permaculture Garden Poster Session

This fall term, the Permaculture Design Class (PDC) has been working on sustainability focused landscape designs for a small section of land located next to the Student Experience Center (SEC). The designs include both edible and native plants, accessible pathways, and other features to encourage visitors in the space. On Monday, December 7th from 6-8 PM, […]

December 3, 2015

This fall term, the Permaculture Design Class (PDC) has been working on sustainability focused landscape designs for a small section of land located next to the Student Experience Center (SEC). The designs include both edible and native plants, accessible pathways, and other features to encourage visitors in the space.

On Monday, December 7th from 6-8 PM, the PDC will be hosting a presentation of their designs in the MU Journey Room and are looking for feedback. Based on this input from the public, a final design will be drafted. permaculture

If you’d like to get involved with this project, the event will provide the opportunity to talk with key figures, learn more about permaculture, sign up for work parties, and more.

The Poster Session is free and open to the public, food and beverages will also be provided. For more info, please contact SSI.landscape@oregonstate.edu. Accomodations for disabilities can be made by calling (541) 737-4098.

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Campus Sustainability Natural Features and Landscaping Student Sustainability Initiative

One thought on “Student Experience Center Permaculture Garden Poster Session

1. Hey everyone. So I live in Brooklyn, NY and just got word of an open lot that I would like to start a permaculture garden in. It’s about 60′ x 100′ and gets pretty much full sun all day because the buildings around it aren’t that tall. It has a few raised beds and was minimally used for gardening last year but I want to expand that. The rest is just dirt, and I haven’t really check out the quality of the soil yet.

I’m getting a late start, but I was wondering how you would approach this situation. I would say my budget is about $300-$400. All the tools I need are already there and there are some bags of garden soil and a compost pile already started.

I would love to make it a permaculture garden that would become more and more stable over the years. How would you approach this? I’m going to scope it out more thoroughly this weekend and want to start planting next weekend. So really I’m starting June 1st. I can start seeding things this weekend in flats before transplant but other than that I’ll probably have to get plants that are already started. Which plants will do best going in the ground now going into the heat of the summer?