Do you have a torn shirt, broken bike, or otherwise damaged items? Bring them to the Fall Repair Fair on Tuesday, November 10 from 5:30 – 7:30 PM in the OSUsed Store (644 SW 13th Street).
Volunteers will teach you how to fix your broken items; attend demos to learn more skills! See the list below for this month’s skills and demonstrations. The event is free and open to all.
Repair skills offered:
- Appliances and Electronics
- Clothing (hand and machine sewing)
- Computer Diagnostics
- Housewares (furniture, ceramics, lamps, etc.)
- Woodwind Instruments and Accordions
- And more!
All demos are a drop-in format; stop by any time during the hour to learn new skills. Demos offered will include:
5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Get Fired Up: D.I.Y. Lint Fire Starters – Have you ever needed to start a campfire but didn’t have any dry kindling? Come learn how to make your very own portable fire starter out of materials you can find around the house! Put dryer lint, toilet paper rolls and old candle stubs together and you have your very own water resistant fire starter that can burn for up to 20 minutes! (Leader: Cristina Riani, volunteer of the Waste Watchers )
- Take Charge: D.I.Y. Home Energy Efficiency – Learn how you can reduce your energy bill by performing simple actions around your home! See how to test and measure electrical usage of lights and appliances, discover the three levels of action to see what you can do to save, and help Corvallis win $5 million! (Leader: Kirk Rensmeyer, member of Energize Corvallis)
6:30 – 7:30 PM
- Wear it out: Winter Wear for Bicyclists – Are you ready to bike this winter? Join the Corvallis Bicycle Collective as they provide tips for dealing with winter wear. (Leader: Volunteers from the Corvallis Bicycle Collective)
- Stop Pesky Pokes: Fixing Protruding Bra Wires – Hate throwing bras away cause of that annoying wire? Learn a quick fix for when that pesky under-wire pokes through. (Leader: Callie Limbaugh, Recruitment Chair for the Waste Watchers)
Note: We don’t have spare parts, but will do our best to repair what we can and/or refer you to where you could find the parts you need. If you have parts already, we may be able to help you install them.
Directions: We are located at 644 SW 13th St. in Corvallis; see a map of the entrance and parking here; view our building on Google Maps here. Please enter through the warehouse gate on 13th Street, between A Ave. and the railroad tracks. City buses 3, 6 and 8 stop within 2-4 blocks of our building while routes1, 5 and 7 stop 6 blocks away at 11th & Monroe (view full details on the Corvallis Transit System website or use Google Transit to find the best option for you).
Join this event on Facebook.