Waste Watchers Spotlight: Jessica Collins

Name: Jessica Collins Title/Nickname: Star Volunteer/J-Dawg Degree: Environmental Sciences with an option in Conservation and Sustainability Year in School: 2nd When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers? Fall of 2013 What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in? I’m going to go with the first thing that […]

May 5, 2015

Jessica PortraitName: Jessica Collins

Title/Nickname: Star Volunteer/J-Dawg

Degree: Environmental Sciences with an option in Conservation and Sustainability

Year in School: 2nd

When did you start volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

Fall of 2013

What has been your favorite project or event that the Waste Watchers have been involved in?

I’m going to go with the first thing that came to my mind (as there are too many if I really mulled it over) – creating our RecycleMania display last year of the Trash Monster. Oldie but a goodie.

P1090336
Jessica staffs the Campus Recycling booth during the 2015 Community Fair. Click to view larger.

What keeps you volunteering with the Waste Watchers?

The overall spirit of our group, everyone’s ability to work together towards a common goal, and of course all the fun I have with these friends I’ve made.

What would you like to see the Waste Watchers do in the future?

Keep branching out. We may not see/feel immediate results of our reach to the overall student body but we have made ourselves known and must keep at it!

What is one way you reduce waste in your everyday life?

I try to bring dishes and silverware to events where I know there’ll be food or to places like Yogurt Extreme, I bring Tupperware instead of using the paper cups they provide.

Want to learn more about the Waste Watchers? Visit the volunteer webpage to learn more about how to get involved.

TAGS:

CATEGORIES: Campus Recycling Waste Reduction