We have many activities planned and welcome visitors to campus on the Eclipse weekend – join us for the day!
Let Oregon State University in Corvallis be your host for the Total Solar Eclipse of 2017. On August 19 and 20 join our astronomy and aerospace experts to learn about and experience the wonder of this amazing celestial event. This family-friendly festival and will feature rockets, robots, meteorites, a movie on Saturday night and a concert on Sunday – there is something of interest for everyone! Come for the day and play with us!
On the Eclipse Day, August 21 – there will be a special viewing party on campus at the Student Legacy Park, located on 26th across from Dixon Recreation Center. Bring your family, a blanket and join in on the fun. All events are on campus and open to the public, with free parking (no RVs or camping).
Go here to learn about all the activities on campus available to you!
Lodging on Campus is SOLD OUT
If you have a confirmed lodging reservation on campus please note the following:
- Lodging for Saturday (Aug. 19) and Sunday (Aug. 20), with option to add Friday (Aug. 18) and/or Monday (Aug. 21)
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- Breakfast and Dinner during your stay (in OSU dining halls)
- Tickets and priority seating for classic rock/soul blues concert on Sunday, with Lady Dottie & the Diamonds
- Daily access to indoor pool and fully equipped Dixon Recreation Center gym
- Commemorative tailgate blanket
- Cable television in the lounges
- Bed linens and towels
- On-site laundry facilities
- Access to a full kitchen
Before you make a reservation/come to campus please note the following campus policies:
Compliance & Safety: Guests must comply with all OSU policies, including but not limited to:
- University Housing & Dining Services’ Student Policy and Information Guide, available at http://uhds.oregonstate.edu/housing/housing/uhds-policy-guide or in paper form upon request;
- Student Conduct and Community Standards’ Student Conduct Code, available at http://studentlife.oregonstate.edu/studentconduct, and
- No alcohol or drugs may be possessed or consumed by any Guest in the residence halls or dining centers, even by those 21 and older.
- Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on campus. For further information visit http://studentlife.oregonstate.edu/smokefree
- Guest shall notify a University Residential Conferences Staff Member within 24 hours of any injuries, incidents, or emergencies that occur within OSU facilities.
- Guests must have insurance and agree to use their own insurance for any medical needs related to attendance.
- If guests violate any of these policies, OSU will terminate our agreement and guests will need to move out immediately with no refund.
Minor Guests: Note: Family lodging is sold out
- All minors (children under the age of 18) may only stay in designated residence halls with their parent/legal guardian.
- Guests must provide names and ages for all minor guests staying on OSU property as part of the Guest’s reservation.
- No minors are allowed to stay in Wilson, Callahan, McNary or Finley Halls.
- Parties with minors may only stay on suite style buildings (Halsell, Tebeau or the International Living Learning Center).
- Minors will not be issued room keys or building access fobs. These will only be issued to those 18 years or older and may not be transferred to minors.
- Guests shall be solely responsible for the conduct, safety, and well-being of any minor guests included on Guest’s reservation. All minors must be under parent/legal guardian supervision at all times, unless in an organized/chaperoned OSU Kidspirit event.
- If guests violate any of these policies. OSU will terminate the agreement and guests will be required to move out immediately with no refund.
Charges for loss or damage: Guest shall pay OSU the rate published at http://uhds.oregonstate.edu/housing/housing/room-dining-rates-common-charges for the following:
- Damage to OSU property
- Excessive cleaning required to return OSU property to its original condition (excluding normal wear and tear). The condition of OSU property will be determined upon final inspection of the room by OSU staff
- Lost keys or electronic access device
- Relocation of furniture moved from other Guest rooms or public areas into Guest’s space
- Removal of Guest’s personal property after Guest has vacated
Non-Transferable: This reservation is personal to the Guest and is not transferable by the Guest.
Non-Refundable: This reservation is non-refundable.
Requirement at Check-In:
At check-in, all guests will be required to review and sign OSU campus policies and verify all guests staying in room(s).
Lodging on Campus is SOLD OUT
Parking at OSU:
- Visitor parking is available at several locations on campus – go here for a campus map showing where to find visitor parking
- Permits are not required on on Saturday, Sunday and after 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Parking permits will not be required on the day of the Eclipse, Monday, August 21.
- Visitor permits are required prior to 5:00 pm on Friday, August 18. For your convenience, we recommend you click here to purchase your parking permit online prior to arrival.
- There are kiosks located in each of the visitor parking lots to purchase a permit on site if needed.