List and describe as many changes in human behaviors as you can think of that contribute to decreased exposure to microbes.
- Keeping the household, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, office space (i.e., anywhere a person spends a lot of time) clean will decrease exposure to microbes. Not letting food or drinks sit for a long period of time and making sure food doesn’t reach the stage of rotting and growing cultures will help as well.
- Maintaining good personal hygiene.
- Washing hands before food prep, after bathroom use, after cleaning/dealing with trash etc., will also help decrease exposure to microbes, especially ones that could be harmful.
- Washing produce before using it to cook.
- Minimizing/eliminating/avoiding high risk activity such as smoking.
- Have safe sex/know your partner’s STI/STD status.