cold brew.

Another Monday. Another day that I have a lack of sleep. Being up until 2am and having to start off a Monday morning early is not ideal when you have 5 homework assignments due that night. This only calls for one thing… The cold brew! Very rarely do I call upon the #coldbrew, but in a time of need and a time of tiredness this was the day I needed it most.

Being away on a trip with soccer and getting home from the airport at 2am is very tiring. But unfortunately that is what my circumstances were today. It didn’t dawn on me that I was behind on homework assignment until I was physically in the line at Dutch Bros waiting to order my coffee. But, with a quick stroke of genius I remembered the cold brew and I also remembered I had a full stamp card. The main problem that I face with the cold brew is the fact that it is so expensive. That being said, I save all of my stamp cards for my times of need, like today.

The taste of cold brew is something a little different. It is slightly creamier than what I would normally expect from coffee, which isn’t a problem for me personally. As I have only become more of a coffee drinker in the last 2-3 years of college, the creamier taste is something that I quite enjoy. But I know a lot of people love the taste of coffee and this may not be the drink for them. Another thing I like about it is that it has barely any calories, which of course makes us all feel a little better about ourselves. And, to top it all off, it has so much caffeine in it that this blog post has taken me about 1 minute to write.

For those of you who need a kick start to your day, or those of you who are loaded up on homework, have midterms or any type of exam I would definitely suggest you try a cold brew. I would give it 5 stars. Mainly because it is something that I don’t get to enjoy on a daily basis, but also helps me out in my times of need. But, some words of advice, save up on your stamp cards so you don’t have to spend #$5 on a drink!