by Carolyn Killefer
College is the time to develop the skills you need and Career Trail is here to help! Take advantage of the Career Trail Prep by Step program. I am excited to be part of Career Service’s Initiative to reach out to OSU students both on and off campus by offering a new way to engage students in career preparation and develop their skills! Student success is the focus!
Career Trail is our new online career development self-directed and interactive program to reach students and alumni 24 hours per day, making accessibility for all at their fingertips. Career Trail engages faculty and staff by providing a resource including curriculum/assignments that can be used individually or in a classroom setting. Career Trail engages users with diverse levels of experience.
One of the aspects of the “Career Trail Prep by Step” program that I am excited about is how a student or alumni can quickly review the steps and determine where they are at in the career preparation process and find the step they are ready to engage in.
- The Career Preparation process begins with getting to Know Yourself, your strengths, values, interests, and personality. What a great way to start!
- Know the World of Work is the next step where you can learn about majors, what you can do with your major, and learn about jobs that excite you!
- Next it is off to Develop Tools and Skills that will prepare you for a job. Here you learn about building a stand-out resume and developing stellar interviewing skills.
- Next you Learn How to Connect. Connecting with others through your network, expanding your network through informational interviewing and using professional social media like LinkedIn can help you learn about opportunities and be ready to act on opportunities when they present.
- You can even learn how to develop a professional website or blog under Now Keep Going!
Link to Career Trail: http://oregonstate.edu/career/trail
For more help or information visit us at Career Services|B008 Kerr Administration Building | 541-737-4085 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Killefer serves as an OSU Career Counselor with over 20 years of professional counseling experience in academic, community, private practice, and industry settings with a commitment to helping others with their personal goals.