- Budget Reporting on the Web also known as Budget Reports by Index
The Office of Budget and Fiscal Planning will be decommissioning the Budget Reporting on the Web System as of July 1, 2016. Please make sure all staff who use this system are notified. All OSU Employees should now be accessing budget information using CORE.
- BI Query – FIS Data Warehouse
The BI Query-FIS Data Warehouse will sunset on December 31, 2016. Notices will be send to FIS users regarding this change.
When the download button is selected a menu opens allowing you to determine the size and whether or not to include data labels.
When you select Download, depending on the browser you are using, it will prompt you to either open or save the file, or it will save it in the Downloads folder of your system. The document format is a .png file type.
Data Quality Issue
An issue called to our attention, indicates that some advisor names are not appearing to be correctly reported. The information in CORE reports advisor names as they are recorded in Banner on the SGAADVR form.
According to the Registrar’s Office, it is the responsibility of each college to update their advisors. Some colleges assign Advisors by term, but other colleges assign advisors to students forever (term is 999999). When students leave or graduate, colleges need to update the college’s advisor records. However, if a student returns as a graduate student, their undergraduate advisor’s name will continue to appear.
Graduate students do not have advisors assigned in the Banner SGAADVR form. The Graduate School uses a different Banner form to record the student’s committee members. However, the Graduate School has informed us that many committee review members are not assigned until the final exam. Therefore, they have advised us that the data cannot be reliably used at this time.
For reporting purposes, we are adding a new disclaimer to the bottom of reports that have the advisor name, and making a change so all graduate students show a message rather than an advisor name. These updates should be finished late today.
The reports listed below were implemented this week:
- VAL2769 Detail Codes by FOPAL Lookup – Report allows you to enter various FOPAL elements (fund / org / program / etc) to look up the associated detail codes
- HRS0060 Classified Staff Audit – Report is for Business Centers use to audit the set up of classified staff and replaces some existing BI Query audit reports
- HRS0061 IPEDS Audit – Report is for Business Centers use to audit positions for IPEDS data and replaces some existing BI Query audit reports
- STU0311 Students no Registered with Financial Holds – This was requested by some colleges to report on students who are not registered for the select term who have financial holds on their student accounts
- ANA0152 Campus Inter-dependency Matrix Summary by Course Offering College – Report is a matrix showing a summary of credit hour distribution by the course college. Course college is defined as the college offering the course. There are similar reports by the student’s primary college (which Is defined as the primary college a student is assigned)
The following reports have had changes made this week:
- Added ‘Primary’ to many of the enrollment dashboards to clarify that this is the student’s PRIMARY campus / college
- FIN1857 Operating Statement by Index– Added parameter for period
- HRS1551 Faculty Salaries by College w/parameters – Added option to select timesheet org or home org and added appointment basis
- FIN1869 Expense Crosstab by Index– Added message when there is no data
- VAL2753 Detail Codes – Added an additional FOPAL elements to report display
- FIN2300 Open Encumbrances by Index – Fixed search issue
- VAL2768 Vendor ID Lookup – Added vendor remit to address