Changes Ahead – Please take note.
- Budget Reporting on the Web also known as Budget Reports by Index
The Office of Budget and Fiscal Planning will be decommissioning the Budget Reporting on the Web System as of July 1, 2016. Please make sure all staff who use this system are notified. All OSU Employees should now be accessing budget information using CORE.
- BI Query – FIS Data Warehouse
The BI Query-FIS Data Warehouse will sunset on December 31, 2016. Notices will be send to FIS users regarding this change.
You assistance is needed with a brief (4 questions) survey about the WebEx training sessions throughout the summer. The survey can be found at http://oregonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3rsj3ba6xQMk31b Please take a minute and give us your feedback.
Did you know you can search for a person by name, ID, and now, their ONID? It is simple and gives you immediately the information you are seeking for an employee or student.
At the top of the screen find the search box, enter a name (last name; first name (careful, as you may get a lot of results if you search by first name only); last name, first name; ONID; ID. You can use wildcards (%) in the search box as well, i.e. Lind%.
When you click Search (gray box) a list will appear. The first 10 names, based on your search parameter(s), will display with a link at the bottom to Go To List. The results will have a number to show the number of people found meeting your parameter(s). For example, searching “Lindsley” results in 15 records. The screen will also disply the person’s ID (not shown here). When you search by ID or ONID, it will result in only a single record since these parameters are unique to one person only.
By clicking on one of the names, a new screen will appear providing information including office location, job and position titles, grants (if applicable) and more. (Screen shot of Person Detail omitted.)
Students will appear, but will have no Office Address, Position, Employment data, etc. Terminated employees will also be listed (if record is still available in Banner) but will have no employment data.
There are links to several reports (shown above) including a report of CORE security, Course List (if an Instructor), Employee Lists, Employee Profile, Grants, Student Schedule, and Student Profile. Of course, you must have the proper security access to run the listed reports.
The following reports have been implemented this week:
- ADV0500 Student Athletes List – A report for advisors to identify student athletes by college and sport
- BIC5304 User Demographics Dashboard – A dashboard that shows user statistics and demographics (active vs. terminated users), years of service to OSU, etc.
- AAA0462 Index Statistics – This is a dashboard-type report that allows you to enter a list of indexes which results in a table of current fiscal year balances including budget, YTD expense, encumbrances and available balance, and a graph of expenses for the past 10 years.
This week, changes have been made to the following reports:
- PAY1352 Payroll by Finance Org for Fiscal Year by Period – Corrected an issue with the months
- Enrollment Dashboards – Corrected an issue with the percentages in the drill-through reports
- FIN1916 Pending Docs for an Org – Added a new parameter for rule codes
- ADV0351 Students Eligible to Enroll–Not Registered – Added last term of attendance for student