Alvin Deng

About me: Hello, my name’s Alvin Deng and I am currently a third year electrical and computer engineering major at Oregon State University. I have an interest in both the hardware and software aspects of engineering and am seeking a position in either in the future. Currently, I am seeking an internship or any industry experience to get my foot in the door.

Projects: One project I have worked on is the mini sumo robot for the sumo 21 team. My team was tasked with creating a sumo robot that could function autonomously to push another robot outside of a ring without itself leaving the ring. I was in charge of wheel and motor research along with choosing and testing the motor controller which I chose the L298N motor driver for. I also helped translate the code I used to test the motor driver with to python as the group was using a raspberry pi while I performed the initial tests with an arduino. During the assembly of the of the mini robot I helped with wiring and cable management inside of the bot and organizing the components to fit inside the enclosure.