Table of Contents:
Marshal is an enthusiastic individual with a passion for robotics, controls, and automation. In his spare time he works on electronic projects and goes backpacking or plays accordion. He is pursuing his bachelor’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering at OSU, and plans to graduate in Spring 2020.
- Python 3
- Embedded C
- AVR Assembler
- Git and SVN
Test and Measurement:
- Standard Test Equipment
- Environmental Chambers
- ADCs and digital sampling
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- PID tuning
- Sensor selection
- Resonance and Damping
- Linear Modeling
IoT Thermostat, controlled by Google Calendar
Electric Fence Monitoring System
A client came to us asking for help detecting when their electric fence was shorting out. They wanted to fix the issue before the cows found out. We designed a system to monitor the voltage on the fence and text the farmer if it’s too low. With several nodes on the fence, they network together and give an approximate location of the issue.
Below is a screenshot of a test I did to see how long the batteries last, and verify that the mesh network remains stable after extended usage.
- Video: https://drive.google.com/a/oregonstate.edu/file/d/15_3Zgcb1M1Bq9762NlUoWUTzvSbBrGYf/view?usp=sharing
- Poster: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GuAk8XcmMVdr7tnv8LY9b3biKHgE3aMyfAjT0zVyWHQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vgiNBoExPOwmUJhEY8Gif114o6A9YTImKO-c7p9dfU4/edit?usp=sharing
- Documentation: Project Zap Documentation