- How long have you been at Oregon State?
I came in 2006, so that’s getting close to 12 years ago. I packed a U-haul and moved from Washington, where I was working at Eastern Washington University. I also worked at The Heart Institute in Spokane. Before that, I was in New Mexico, which is where I grew up.
- Were you always interested in technology?
When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a cartoonist and generally moved into art and technology just kind of found its way into my life. I still paint and make art in Photoshop and do other artsy stuff.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
The people and the variety.
- What does your life look like outside work?
I’m a homebody. I love being at home because I can paint and hang out and make food.
- What are your hobbies?
Art, guitar, reading, hanging out with my cat and just hanging out in general.
- You’re really into music. So what was the first concert you ever went to?
The first band I ever saw was called Level 42, and it wasn’t until I was 19 or 20. I grew up in rural New Mexico, so to see a concert, it was a four-hour drive.
- What was the last concert you’ve been to?
I saw Foo Fighters a little while ago, that was cool!