IPIP Results & Reactions

After taking the long version of the test I got the following results:

• I scored low in extroversion, meaning that I am introverted, reserved and quiet.
  • I scored high in agreeableness, meaning I have a strong interest in other peoples’ needs. I show characteristics such as pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.
  • I scored high in conscientiousness. This means that I am described as hard working and set clear goals.
  • I scored low in neuroticism. I tend to be calm and composed in most situations.
  • I scored low in openness. I tend to think in more simple terms.

What a potential employer might see:

When looking at my results a potential employer might see an applicant that is quite and observes the things going on around them. I might not be the best candidate for sales but I may notice thing other people wouldn’t. They would see someone who isn’t going to cause conflict or drama and who cares about the people around them. This might make an employer believe that I won’t handle conflict well, even if in reality I can when needed. They would see someone who is hard working and strives to learn and grow with new opportunities. I like to make sure things are done to the best of my ability so I might take more time than some other people to complete a task. I think out decisions before acting on them and some companies want fast action over that. I handle stressful situations well and can help the company navigate through those times. This might also mean I don’t see things to be as daunting or serious as other people. I think practically and provide consistency in that since. However this may mean I am slower to adjust to change than other people.