Job Descriptions

https://osu-wams-blogs-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs.dir/3767/files/2020/04/Adoption-Employee-Outreach-Coordinator.docx

The above link is a copy of my current job description.

How much did the job description influence your decision to apply for the position?

When looking at my job description you can see that it is broken into three sections. Perviously I was already doing the Rescue Group Liaison Duties; however, we found that I still had a lot of free time. As a result of open positions and internal needs I was offered the following two sections and my job description was made after I took on some of the tasks. The job descriptions biggest influence to me taking the job was that it was a mix of things I already knew how to do and things that I could challenge myself with.

How closely did your experience on the job match the job description? In what ways was it similar and in what ways was it different? 

The tasks and competencies listed in my job description match up pretty closely with my experience on the job. In the rescue group liaison duties the main task is being the main contact between them and the shelter to select animals for the shelter and express concerns or changing protocols with our rescue partners. One things that I don’t have to do often unless an issue arises includes: creating weekly lists of animals that need to be networked to other shelters. This is a task I might do once a month after we attempt many different marketing and training resources for the animal. In the Employee Engagement Duties all tasks are preformed however these are typically done once a week. The Adoption Program Duties are always preformed on every day I work. There are a few tasks that are on all of the job description when dealing with animals in the shelter where I don’t have to perform the tasks often but from time to time I might. Overall, the job description follows my experience in the job pretty well.