Blog Post: Job Descriptions

Thinking of the last job that I had, the last job that I had was during summer. At that time, I have searched for my internship job in jobsDB. During the job searching, I have found for the Human Resources job position to apply for. When I search for jobs, I will usually start looking at the job description. The job description will list all the main job duties and job responsibilities.

The last job that I had was an HR internship. The job description did help me a lot when I applied for the job. As I would learn more about what job duties I actually need to do in the department of human resources. The job requires me to do the normal administrative duties and the main job duties were recruiting and holding events. At first, I would like to place my previous association club experience to the job because I think my previous experience would help me to get the job offer. The job description helps me to get more information and to have a deeper understanding of the job duties. It let me make the decision of applying for the job.

I think the job description is always similar to the actual duties that I have to finish. It is because the employers would also like to ensure you have the ability to do the tasks they gave us. It is not necessary for them to hide their job duties. If they hide it and the employees that hired, have no ability to do the tasks, they need to rehire. It will become more complicated.

One reply on “Blog Post: Job Descriptions”

You bring up a good point about the companies needing to be clear and accurate with their job descriptions because if they aren’t, it is likely they will hire someone unqualified to do the position. That in turn, as we know, will lead to higher costs. Great point!