At OSU-Cascades, you have access to the personal service of a small college and the resources of a large university.
OSU-Cascades Library is located in the Learning Commons of Tykeson Hall, room 202.
Library / Learning Commons hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
OSU students also have access to COCC’s Barber Library! Their hours are here.
In the OSU-Cascades Library of Tykeson Hall, you have:
- a place to focus – Four different study rooms for those times when you need a quiet space to focus on your work; sign up for a 3-hour time-slot on the calendar sheet of the room’s door. Rooms can be scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
- research and reading materials – From the latest scientific articles to e-books to popular fiction; this is also where you’ll find course reserve materials from your instructors, including certain textbooks.
- personalized assistance – In addition to Sara Thompson, the OSU-Cascades librarian, and Sami Kerzel, our library support specialist, you can also get help via chat online with the OSU-Corvallis librarians.
With your ONID login, you also have access to an online treasure trove of OSU Libraries resources:
- Library 1Search – Search across thousands of books, journals, newspapers, and government resources.
- hundreds of e-books – Get a head start on that research paper even when the library isn’t open; just search our catalog for e-books and online articles.
- partnerships – Through Summit partners and InterLibrary Loan you can request books or articles from libraries all over the world; they’ll come directly to you at the Barber Library circulation desk or your email inbox. This service is free while you work or take classes at OSU.
- databases – Research is more than just books and articles; take a look at maps, market reports, and citation connections within our many databases.
Not sure where to start? Email Sara to set up a time to chat or ask questions. It’s a big world of information and we’re here to help you navigate it.