- How do I get to OSU’s Canvas?
- From the OSU or OSU-Cascades home page, click on “Online Services” at the top of the page.
- How do I migrate my classes?
- For an overview, see Migration Help at blackboard-transition.oregonstate.edu
- How do I export Blackboard content into Canvas?
- Is My Canvas Course Ready?
- Before you publish your Canvas course site, use this checklist to make sure your site is ready.
- Where do I get help?
- Within Canvas, click on Help in the upper-right corner to chat or call a support person.
- How do other faculty use Canvas?
This is great and all, but I just want to jump in. Are there some videos I can watch to get going?
You bet! Here are a few to start with but more are available at Canvas Guides.
- Announcements Overview (Video)
- Assignment Creation (Video)
- Assignments Overview (Video)
- Discussion Creation (Video)
- Discussions Overview (Video)
- Files – Add Course Content (Video)
- Grades Overview (Video)
- Group Creation and Management for Instructors (Video)
- Modules – Creation and Management (Video)
- Pages – Creation and Management (Video)
- People Overview (Video)
- Quiz Creation – Questions (Video)
- Quiz Creation – Settings (Video)
- SpeedGrader™ Overview (Video)
- Syllabus Overview (Video)
What should my students know about Canvas?
5 Things for OSU Students to Know about Canvas – take a look at this general guide for students; you may want to include a link in your course site, or in your communications with students at the start of the term.