Employee Performance

Regardless of what the situation is, if I had to choose between these two, 9 times out of 10 I would choose Jamie. I do this because it is more important to me to have employees that I can trust and depend on to be there when I need them. As the industry advances, I cannot afford to fall behind because I am getting the inconsistent output. Avery could produce in certain situations better, but I prefer consistency and stability. If I need to step in during a time of stress here and there to assist her, I have no problem doing that, and would much prefer that than constantly harping on Avery for not sticking to it.

Avery could be a great candidate if I were in a line of work that was constantly changing and fluctuating. Say for example that I had an event planning business. Avery would be a great asset to the team because she would be able to produce at a very high level leading up to the event and during the event but afterward would need to take a break. In a business like this, it is not uncommon to have some downtime or less busy times, and this would accommodate Avery.

Jamie would fit best in most of your service jobs or repetitious nature jobs. I think of an accountant for example, or an office receptionist. Both jobs are not highly demanding, but they require consistency and you always putting out effort thought the day. Jamie has proven that she can be counted on to just do what she is expected to do, without much managing. For these reasons I think Jamie would fit well in a job like this.