I have learned many new things this term with this being my first Women’s Studies course. I have learned:
- how to better use Blackboard, such as embedding links and using the discussion forum better (saving writings as a draft and resuming them later)
- many concepts about the inequality that still exists in today’s society
- how products are designed are completely influenced by who creates the product not necessarily who the product is for
- what feminist pedagogy is
- the great contributions that women are making in technology (Culture Site project!)
- struggles that many women are still facing today with sexism or dealing with the “glass ceiling”
Those are not all of the things that I have learned but certainly highlights main points that I am taking away from this course.When I began this course I never expected to learn so much about how to use a blog and add so many features to my blog. Overall I met the course objectives, however I wish I had put more effort into and completed the Financial Analysis. That project seemed like it could have been very useful to me as the topic I chose was something I am going to do in real life this coming Fall.
I will continue to use my newly acquired knowledge of Blackboard as I finish my time up being a student at Oregon State, it may even come in handy in the future if my graduate program happens to use Blackboard as well.