To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now. Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations.
Actuarial Summer Internship
Cambia Health Solutions
Bottom line has a whole new meaning when you’re accountable to members, not shareholders.
Some companies look around the boardroom and see profits. We see families who are counting on us to help them be well. Join a dynamic not-for-profit actuarial team where members come first.
Cambia Health Solutions’ Actuarial Division is responsible for proactively managing and retrospectively tracking and reporting on the financial and risk positions within the company and supporting the strategic goals of the corporation. Within that context, the Actuarial Intern performs technical, analytical and support functions to help the division and the company meet its goals.
Combine your academic experience with the following skills and abilities:
• Candidates must be working towards a degree in mathematics, business information systems, actuarial science, statistics, economics or computer science or have passed at least one actuarial exam
• Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate grade point average
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, database creation and management
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program through spring 2013
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
*Strong preference towards candidates who are interested in working at Cambia full time after graduating.
For more information, including how to apply check out the posting in Beaver JobNet.