To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now. Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations.
A national public affairs firm is looking to hire a field organizer based in Portland to assist in a national field organizing campaign.
You must have access to a computer and transportation. You must also have a willingness to attend events. Travel expenses and accommodations will be reimbursed.
Your primary role will consist of:
• Signup gathering at events, festivals, and in high-traffic areas.
• Coalition building and stakeholder engagement
• Identification and activation of likely campaign supporters.
• Phone calls to potential campaign supporters.
• Organizational and stakeholder research
• Assisting with community outreach as well as coordination of event logistics for client activities.
Required Skills — Qualified individuals must possess the following skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to do research online
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
• Networking/people skills including persuasive speaking
For more information, including how to apply check out the posting in Beaver JobNet.