To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student or alum and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now.
Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations as well as from locations around the country and around the world. This program serves students and alumni alike. Employers are seeking applicants for positions including full-time, co-ops and internships, summer camps, national parks employment, and volunteer organizations such as the Peace Corps. Students can access Beaver JobNet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Check out the Career Services website for more information about finding a job.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Xerox has rewarding career tracks that will tap your full potential with stimulating work. With your talent and our training, we will chart the digital future. Our products and technology represent the leading edge of the industry. They integrate technology, the web, business process, and the way people work in order to deliver to our customers the best document solutions.
A Division of The Global Product Development Group, headquartered near Portland, Oregon designs, manufactures, and markets office products for small and mid-sized businesses, including the Phaser line of color network printers.
The selected Mechanical Engineering Student Intern will work on the Measurement System Development and Computer Simulation of pixel placement errors inherent in multi-row printhead designs.
Provide valuable assistance to an experienced Mechanical Engineer or Engineering team in the design, and implementation of a printer mechanical systems.
Assist in the validation of design through analysis, prototype testing, designing of test fixtures and special instrumentation where necessary.
Assist engineers in meeting sub-assembly performance, schedule, reliability and cost targets.
Assist in the documentation of design and test results
An experienced engineer will be assigned to be a Mentor for the College Intern.
• BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with experience in the following areas:
• Developing creative design solutions to technical problems through experience in a co-op, internship or senior project.
• Rigorous academic background in engineering fundamentals, and machine design, with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
• Structured approach to problem solving or troubleshooting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with fast paced, multi-disciplinary team.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Experience with ME CAD tools, Solid modeling (Pro-E), and FEA, a plus.
• Development and qualification of processes
For information about visiting and living in Portland, Oregon, please visit: www.pova.com
|Address:||2 Pleasant St.
02860 United States