Have you ever played the question game with friends or family where you ask off-the-wall silly questions like, if you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why? Well, if you haven’t played that game, you might want to start!
According to Dana Knight, as published in USA Today, interview questions for jobs are getting trickier, and more random! While questions like, which movie star would make the best employee or what color best describes you, seem crazy, the reality is potential employers are assessing your creativity, looking to find out how you best think on your feet, and trying to shake up the interview process.
Career Choice Guide offered helpful tips on how to deal with crazy interview questions. They suggest: 1) give an answer that reveals something positive about yourself, 2) take time to think about the question and be intentional about your answer, and 3) avoid cliché answers.
There’s no perfect way to prepare for extreme interview questions, but it can be fun to learn what other job seekers have experienced in their interview process. Below is a compilation of some of the most random interview questions asked. Take a moment and think how you might respond to these questions!
- If you could each lunch with one of the founding fathers, who would it be and why?
- If you had to be a tree, what would you be and why?
- Which animal do you most resemble and why?
- Are you more like a placid pool of water or running horse?
- What beverage at Starbucks would you compare yourself to and why?
- If I take a look inside of your refrigerator what would I find?
- Do you like Tom or Jerry?
- How would you react if you were transformed into a fish?