MGMT448 Blogs

Job Descriptions

I worked at Sky High Brewing and Pub as a Rooftop Bartender and a Food Runner for my most recent job. When I was getting hired the job descriptions was not very important because having worked in service before I already knew what most of my job would entail outside of menu items and specific things like that. I was hired as a host and runner so before being trained, I had a very good idea about what that entails and had no questions about it when applying. I also really needed a job so at the end of the day it did not matter what the description was.

After beginning work there was not much that I did not expect out of the job in any way. The restaurant ran like any other I had previously worked for. The only differences I noticed were in the style of service from California to Oregon. They pace of service and frequency of service was slower in Oregon and it seemed to be a small difference in preference for customers not because of lack of efficiency.