MGMT448 Blogs

Job Application Experience

MGMT448 Blog 1

The last job I went through the application process for was when I applied to Sky High Brewing and Pub. It began with me simply dropping off a resumé and waiting for a phone call. I was glad to find out I did not have to fill out an application because it gave off a casual vibe which is what I was looking for. After a day I received a phone call to interview a few days later. I was interviewed with one hiring manager and we spoke for 15 min about my past service experience and my hobbies and interests. As I was skating home, I was called by the hiring manager that interviewed me and he asked me to come in later that night to start training.

It was by far the smoothest and easiest experience I will probably every have looking for work at a young age. I was very excited because the process to get the job seemed to rely on my personality and skills with interaction which led me to believe that I would be with like-minded people while I was working. It also gave me the impression that the management was very willing to work with students and could potentially be flexible with work schedules.

The one set back to the swiftness of how I was hired is how I could not get a chance to learn much about the restaurant I was applying to or ask around about what it is like to work there. Which left me with only the very short interaction I had at an interview. Although I was not nervous about this at the time, I can see how I could have had issues at other jobs in that situation.

By Noah Canty