Film Plastic & E-waste Collection Week
Wed, March 6, 9 am – 7:30 pm, and
Weekdays Thurs-Wed, March 7-8 and 11-13, 9 am – 4 pm
Recycling Warehouse (644 SW 13th St.)
Help OSU compete nationally in the RecycleMania electronics and film plastics categories! Bring broken or unused electronics and clean film plastic (see list of accepted items below) for free recycling on any of the dates listed. OSU-owned or personal items welcome.
Bring items on any weekday March 6-13, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, or drop by our extended hours on the kickoff date on Wednesday, March 6, 9:00 am to 7:30 pm (Drop by between 5:30 and 7:30 pm for a chance to visit the OSUsed Store public sale!). Join this event on Facebook.
- Computer monitors
- Computers (laptops, CPUs)
- Computer parts – hard drives, circuit boards, CD roms, etc.
- Computer accessories – keyboards, mice, printers, modems, etc.
- Data and power cords, wire
- Cell phones, telephones
- Consumer electronics – radios, VCRs, projectors, MP3 players, etc.
- Small appliances – toasters, microwaves, etc.
- Film plastics – CLEAN grocery bags, retail bags, shrink wrap, and other clean bags labeled #2 or #4
- Plastics not accepted: mylar (shiny silver), biodegradable/compostable bags, frozen food bags, prewashed salad bags, any plastic with, food contamination, rigid plastics
- Refrigerators and non-electric hazardous waste such as batteries, light bulbs, paint, chemicals and motor oil also will not be accepted. Please contact Republic Services of Corvallis regarding proper disposal of these items (541-754-0444).
This event is part of RecycleMania 2013, a national recycling competition between U.S. universities.