To celebrate America Recycles Day, OSU wants to help you recycle your hard-to-recycle items! Our special recycling collection event will be held on Thursday, November 15 at 12:00 – 4:00 PM in the Memorial Union Brick Mall.
What is Accepted:
Bring any of the following items to this event for FREE recycling:
- Styrofoam – rigid blocks, bendable blocks, wraps/sheets. (NO: food packaging (cups, plates, trays, egg cartons), expanding foam (insulation, sealant))
- Packing peanuts – plastic or biodegradable
- Film plastics – clean bags, wrap, etc. (NO: mylar (shiny silver), food contamination)
- Electronics – anything with a power cord or batteries (e.g. computers, TVs, cell phones, etc.)
- Electronic media – CDs, DVDs, and their plastic cases only
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Household batteries
- Scrap metal – pure metal items that do not exceed 3’x3’x3’ in size
Both departmental and personal items will be accepted. Volunteers will be present to help you sort and answer your questions about recycling both at the event and year-round.
Whether or not you have items to recycle, drop by to write a message in a bottle, add it to our bottle igloo, and you will win a reusable water bottle!
We will be located in the south end of the MU Brick Mall, near the MU Bookstore, on Thursday, November 15 at 12:00 – 4:00 PM. If you have large items to haul via a vehicle, you can access the area heading west on Jefferson and turning right into the MU Parking Lot. Our volunteers will help you unload your items.
RSVP on Facebook.
For More Information:
Questions about this event can be left below or referred to Andrea Norris via email or 541-737-5398.