The Business Solutions Group — which provides hands-on opportunities for students in product testing and application development services — honored 13 student interns at its annual Student Awards Night May 24.
Here’s the summary from BSG Director Mark Van Patten:
Held in such unique places as Peavey Arboretum and the Corvallis Country Club in the past, this year’s event was hosted at the MU Bowling Alley where a good time was had by all, eating tacos and burritos from Qdoba while bowling, playing pool and throwing darts.
These awards are an important opportunity to recognize student achievements as they apply what they learn in the classroom to real client projects and recognize in real-time the importance of IT systems to organizational performance.
Congratulations to the 2011-12 BSG student award winners:
- Outstanding Student Developers: Chris Kirkpatrick, Ryan Brim
- Outstanding Student Analyst: Matt Janachek
- Outstanding Student Tester: Sean Hewitt, Nathan Raymond
- Uber Newbie Award: Robert Gibson – Developer; Garret Gentz – Analyst; Josh Willmarth – Tester
- Outstanding Mentorship: Tyler McClung – Systems & Software Development; Ryan Raurk – Analysis; Matthew Baker – Testing