Building the pipeline of future scientists and engineers is vital to our leadership in the fields most important to Oregon, the nation, and the world.
~ Sherman Bloomer, Dean, OSU College of Science
Center for Outreach in Science and Engineering for Youth
The Center for Outreach in Science and Engineering for Youth (COSEY) is a collaborative effort between the Colleges of Science and Engineering at Oregon State University. Through outreach to K-12 students in Oregon, current science and engineering students at OSU are cultivating an interest in these fields among the next cohort of scholars. COSEY encourages a service ethic among college students as they represent their chosen fields to the public.
Donors who are deeply interested in building the pipeline of future scientists and engineers have directed commitments to COSEY. These gifts have had a great impact by:
- Providing student stipends to help recruit COSEY’s outreach team;
- Funding the Discovery Days Festival and Science Nights at OSU for K-12 students:
- Underwriting student travel to communities beyond Corvallis;
- Training students to bring science and engineering to the public.
Making a gift
We ask that our donors consider making a commitment to COSEY in the following ways:
Make a major investment
- Pledge a commitment of $25,000 or more, which may be paid over 1-5 years;
- Transfer appreciated stock;
- Designate a portion of an estate.
Make an annual gift
- Designate COSEY when you respond to mail from the OSU Fund or phone requests by OSU student callers. Annual gifts of $1,000 or more qualify donors for membership in the President’s Circle, Oregon State University’s premier donor club.
Advances in basic science and mathematics create knowledge for technological change, form a foundation for economic development, and lead to improvements in community health. The College of Science fosters the understanding of science and mathematics as essential for decision making by critical students, involved faculty, and an informed public.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development
College of Science
850 SW 35th Street
Corvallis, OR 97333